[uf-dev] Re: Microformat FAQs for RDF fans (from [uf-discuss])

Dan Connolly connolly at w3.org
Tue Nov 8 06:20:24 PST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 14:23 +0100, Danny Ayers wrote:
> On 11/8/05, David Janes -- BlogMatrix <davidjanes at blogmatrix.com> wrote:
> > Hi Danny,
> >
> > Very interesting. Re: [1], do you know if anyone's done any practical
> > work with GRDDL to extract data from some of the more complex
> > microformats, such has hCard, hCalendar or hReview.
>
> Hmm, by rights GRDDL needs the profile URIs, few of which have been
> specified. But there is some microformat2rdfxml XSLT around - I
> started one for hReview [1] (Alf Eaton was looking at fixing the bugs
> ;-) , there's the basis of a hCalendar trnslator at [2], Dan
> Connolly's been noodling with hCard for a while e.g. [3], not sure if
> he's done the XSLT yet.

I haven't figured out the RDF vocabulary behind hCard, but
I have done hCalendar:
  http://www.w3.org/2002/12/cal/glean-hcal.xsl

And the profile URIs aren't completely essential; they just
make things more convenient. But one can just link straight
from the document to the transformation without going via
the profile. For example, see...

  Policy Aware Web (PAW) Project Meeting
  http://www.policyawareweb.org/2005/ftf2/paw-mtg

[[

This record is partially formalized using hcalendar and GRDDL. The
glean-hcal transformation extracts data from this document. If you don't
have a GRDDL client installed, you might be able to use the GRDDL
service. The actions and event-related decisions are available in .ics
and RDF/.xcal formats
]]

The static RDF version there should be the same thing you get from
a GRDDL client, such as our demo service
  http://www.w3.org/2003/11/rdf-in-xhtml-demo

I posted to the rdf-calendar list about it a while back...
using hCalendar in a meeting record
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-calendar/2005Aug/0018

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E