[microformats-dev] Re: [microformats-discuss] wordpress plugins

Assaf assaf.arkin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 18:55:56 PDT 2005

Ryan,

I'm using two plugins of my own design.

The first is Textags, which has a simple text markup for tagging posts,
and entering events. A post like this:

what: San Francisco Metroblogging Meet
when: Friday, August 5, 2005 7:00 PM
where: House of Shields
39 New Montgomery St.
San Francisco, CA
tags: metroblogging beer f2f

Gets displayed as an hCalendar event with the summary, start date/time
and location ... and of course, the tags.

http://trac.labnotes.org/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/wiki/TextagsPlugin

The second is TagsLinks, which adds a pop-up box to each tag on the
page, with links to that tag on several tagging services. Essentially,
it makes your tag point at more than one place.

It's a client-side JavaScript that post-processes the page, there's even
a Greasemonkey script. The WP-plugin simply installs it for each page on
the blog, so I don't have to mess with the template.

http://trac.labnotes.org/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/wiki/TagsLinks

And if anyone is interested in writing more cool WP plugins, I also have
a microcontent parser in PHP that you can use.

http://trac.labnotes.org/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/wiki/MicroParserPHP

All the source codes are under a CC license, so feel free to use and share.

Assaf