[uf-dev] Re: [uf-discuss] hrecipe examples

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Thu Dec 7 12:10:02 PST 2006

On Dec 7, 2006, at 1:18 PM, Ryan King wrote:

> On Dec 7, 2006, at 9:47 AM, Ted Drake wrote:
>
>> Are there any examples of an hrecipe encoded page?
>> I realize it is still in development. I'd like to see if there has
>> been any
>> progress made and/or something to go by.
>>
>> I've looked at the twiki and there seems to be examples of recipe
>> pages, but
>> I don't see any hrecipe encoding on them.
>
> There is no hRecipe. There is research into a recipe microformat,
> but there is no microformat (yet?).

Earlier today someone asked about implementations for another in-
progress microformat (species), and I was going to mock something up
as a proof-of-concept, but there doesn't appear to be anyone testing
out these ideas on the web.  I realize I could make my own testing
page and try out how parsing might work there, but I was thinking it
might be useful to have some sort of sandbox where straw men
proposals were put into HTML so parsing could be explored (with the
understanding that the format proposal may completely change
tomorrow).  Is there any way to insert HTML directly into the wiki,
without parsing or escaping, or somewhere else we could set up some
sort of communal sandbox like this?  Or maybe this idea doesn't make
sense?  Just a quick thought I had.

Peace,
Scott