[uf-dev] include-pattern testing

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Mon May 1 11:54:50 PDT 2006

On Apr 29, 2006, at 11:02 AM, Tantek Çelik wrote:
> On 4/29/06 9:40 AM, "Brian Suda" <brian.suda at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2) The easy fix would be to lobby to change th include-pattern so
>> that
>> the #ref-id acts like a 'root node' and we only look to the children
>> of that (the way X2V currently works)
>
> I am open to this change, I don't think it would break the examples
> we have.

I don't think so.

In the wiki example (re: James Levine), the <object> refers to #j,
which is the .fn.n of the main hCard. If we were to change things so
that the include pattern only looked at children, that example would
either need to add another layer of markup (around the .fn.n) or the
include-pattern would have to refer to the entire hCard. I don't
think this is as convenient.

I think the ability to point straight at the element to be included
is a feature worth having, even if it makes parsing more difficult.

-ryan