[uf-dev] hCalendar microformat implementation - TV channels as location?

frankie roberto frankie at frankieroberto.com
Wed Mar 21 15:59:15 PST 2007

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I've implemented the
hCalendar microformat on a website, and wanted to ask for feedback about how
I've used it.

You can see the website here: http://www.ontvtonight.co.uk/  - It's quite a
simple daily digest of things worth watching on telly (according to me!),
and where things appear, I've used the hCalendar microformat. There's a page
explaining this too here: http://www.ontvtonight.co.uk/microformats

The main question is whether it's acceptable to use the TV channel as the
'location'.  It's clearly not a physical location (which screws Google
Calendar up when it tries to do a Google Local search for it), but is the
more abstract sense of being a location (eg 'location on the dial')
acceptable?  Are there any alternatives?

I saw this come up on the main mailing list a while back (in the discussion
about microformats on the BBC's new radio schedules pages), but didn't see
any real conclusion on this issue.

If anyone has any thoughts on this, or any other aspect of my
implementation, I'd be interested to hear them.

Cheers,

Frankie Roberto