[uf-dev] Re: [uf-discuss]http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard-issuesin adr: singular or plural?

Paul Wilkins paul_wilkins at xtra.co.nz
Sun Mar 25 20:01:00 PST 2007

From: "Michael MD" <mdagn at spraci.com>
> In the parser I'm working on such things would be returned as arrays
>
> Is it ok to do this or is concatenating to a single string a requirement
> in the parser?
> (then it would be up to the app to decide what to do with them .. but at
> least the data is still there...)
>
> I thought that might be one of those things that probably should be left
> up to the application rather than the parser itself.

We're going to have to come up with some kind of accepted standard for this,
otherwise we're going to have parsers returning results in a number of
different ways, which will cause difficulties when integrating with other
tools.

For example, both Operator and X2V perform both parsing and converting.

Is there information available about a common standardised array or object
format for microformats?

--
Paul Wilkins