[uf-dev] JSON serialization of microformats

Danny Ayers danny.ayers at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 01:53:39 PDT 2007

fyi, there's a JSON/RDF under discussion:

http://n2.talis.com/wiki/RDF_JSON_Specification

It's normalised down to this kind of shape:

(
resource (
                property:value,
                property:value...
             )
resource (
               property:value,
               property:value...
             )
)

Anything expressed in the other main RDF serializations (RDF/XML,
Turtle, RDFa, eRDF/HTML, GRDDL/XML etc...) should be serializable this
way - although I'm not sure how much that's been tested. There's
already a fairly stable JSON representation of SPARQL query results:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/json-sparql/

If the microformats JSON captures all the relevant info, it should be
fairly cleanly mappable to RDF/JSON. I imagine names used for
attributes in the uF version could be disambiguated to URIs by
prepending the microformat's profile URI (plus a '#' or '/' if
necessary).

Cheers,
Danny.

--