[uf-dev] Finalizing jCard

Ben Ward lists at ben-ward.co.uk
Mon Apr 14 07:12:55 PDT 2008

On 12 Apr 2008, at 10:54, Gordon Oheim wrote:
> the discussion about a standardized jCard output format seems to
> have slept in a bit - so I am here to revive it.
>
> I'd say we are pretty much done with the specs, but there is one
> major point missing (see Section 2.2 in the wiki).
> Can we do a vote on whether Arrays or Objects may be reduced in case
> they only contain a single property.

I think it's somewhat premature to suggest that we're ‘pretty much
done with’ the specs. I'd like to see input from Mike Kapley, Glenn
Jones, Brian Suda, Drew McLellan and David Janes (if he has time!)
since they all work on parsers too.

Any attempt to standardise the object model of microformats is going
to need their assistance, and they're also amongst the most
experienced working with parsing. It's important they're give an
opportunity to raise their own issues before this work gets pushed
into finalisation.

Ben