[uf-dev] doubts intepreting the hListing spec draft

gabriele renzi rff.rff at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 04:53:40 PDT 2008

Hi everyone,

this is my first post to this list so sorry if I ask something stupid,
but I could not find details on this.

I'm trying to write an hListing parser/extractor but there is
something not clear in the draft spec page.

The schema does not have reference to item type, which is then described later.
I'd fix the page by myself but I'm not sure if we have to keep the
item-type (fix schema) or if it's not there anymore (fix summary of
changes+field details).

Also, I'm not sure: where a field is described as
 hCard | (fn || email || url || tel)
how shall I read the or's ?

I believe that the single pipe is to be read as an exclusive or (use
hcard or values), while the double pipe is inclusive (use fn, possibly
with email, url etc), is this correct? If not is there documentation
for this short-hand syntax somewhere?

Thanks in advance.