[uf-dev] Microformats for Write APIs

Ben Ward lists at ben-ward.co.uk
Mon Feb 18 15:43:53 PST 2008

On 19 Feb 2008, at 00:11, gareth rushgrove wrote:
> Let me know what you think about the general idea.

I wondered once about using microformat class names on form fields
(at the time motivated by the desire the desire for a less-appalling
browser auto-complete). Something akin to this:

<form class="hentry">
   <fieldset class="author vcard">
     <legend>Author</legend>
     <input class="fn nickname">
     <input class="email">
     <input class="url">
   </fieldset>

   <textarea class="entry-content"></textarea>
</form>

1). A question that stays relevant to microformats-dev: Would the
above mark-up, right now, cause a world of pain in parsers?

2). The rest of this discussion is probably best moved to
microformats-discuss please, Gareth. ;-)

Ben