[uf-dev] Preventing false positives

Zachary Carter zack.carter at gmail.com
Fri May 2 15:47:07 PDT 2008

The mfo approach is interesting, and would probably be the ideal type
of approach. The handling by Cognition would be identical to mfo
except the classes aren't added back at a later step. For the second
situation, where the descendants are still parsed as belonging to the
scope of the uF but not the element, it would remove class/rev/rel
from just the element it's placed on.

To help elaborate my situation:

         <h1 class="fn n">
         </h1>
href="http://example.org" class="url">http://example.org</a>
         <h2 class="title">Applications</h2>
           [... third party content ...]

Title and label classes are not being used as hcard properties, so I
would want to exclude them. The third party application area I would
want to ignore completely (placing it in an iframe would likely break
lots of functionality.) Are there any plans (or should there be) to
support something like this?

Alternatively, is it possible to assign content distributed on the
page as belonging to a single microformat?

Zach Carter
http://zachcarter.info