[uf-dev] Perl module - HTML::Microformats

Toby Inkster mail at tobyinkster.co.uk
Sat Feb 20 00:31:04 PST 2010

I'm slowly breaking up Swignition <http://buzzword.org.uk/swignition/>
into a set of smaller Perl modules. Swignition, as-is, is fairly
monolithic. Breaking it up allows each component to be used separately,
and develop on its own schedule.

The first part I broke out was the RDFa parser, which split out over a
year ago as RDF::RDFa::Parser, and I've recently released version 1.00
of it.

My next task is the microformat parsing, which I'm splitting out as
HTML::Microformats. Last night I released a developer preview of the
HTML::Microformats module. So far it includes:

   - most of the "infrastructure" code for parsing and dealing
     with microformats;

   - support for hCard, adr, geo and rel-tag;

   - output as an RDF::Trine model, a JSON string or native
     Perl objects.

To download, or read the documentation:
http://search.cpan.org/~tobyink/HTML-Microformats/

--