[uf-dev] Parsing class=value-title

Toby Inkster mail at tobyinkster.co.uk
Wed Mar 10 06:08:58 PST 2010

One of my todo items for HTML::Microformats 0.00_04 is to support
class="value-title".

This is a newish markup pattern that has only arisen since Swignition
development stagnated, so unlike much of HTML::Microformats, support for
it hasn't simply been ported across from the old codebase.

However, from the Wiki...

http://microformats.org/wiki/value-class-pattern#Parsing_machine-data_value-title

> Microformat specifications must explicitly state which properties
> may be used with this extension of the value-class-pattern.

Given that none do, it seems that class="value-title" will never be
legitimately encountered, so I can cross it off as "done" with no code
changes.

Am I right? If not, why not?

-Toby