[uf-dev] Re: Perl module - HTML::Microformats

Tantek Çelik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Wed Mar 10 09:26:27 PST 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 3:54 PM, Toby Inkster <mail at tobyinkster.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-03-01 at 01:17 +0000, Toby Inkster wrote:
>> http://search.cpan.org/~tobyink/HTML-Microformats/
>>
>> Next release will include hCalendar.
>
> Just released version 0.00_03 which includes hCalendar 1.1 support.

Toby,

I applaud your implementing of hCalendar in HTML::Microformats.

Please consider also implementing the value class pattern, as it
greatly helps improve accessibility:

http://microformats.org/wiki/value-class-pattern

> (hCalendar 1.1 <http://microformats.org/wiki/User:TobyInk/hcalendar-1.1>
> is an unofficial draft that takes hCalendar 1.0, expands upon
> underspecified parts of the official spec, cuts out some cruft,

I believe I have requested this before, but just in case it got lost in email.

Could you please document the issues you believe you have found in
hCalendar 1.0 on the hCalendar issues page [1] (checking for previous
reports on resolved/closed issues of course
 [2][3]) ?

Lots of folks have reported issues, all of which have been resolved
and/or closed to date, thus making the resolved/closed issues pages a
good source of hCalendar errata while they get incorporated into the
hCalendar 1.0.1 and hCalendar 1.1 works in progress.

I'd like to incorporate fixes for the issues you've found as well into
hCalendar, in addition to everyone else's reported issues and fixes.

> and
> provides a shortcut for todo lists.)

This seems like either a circumvention of the microformats process or
implementation of your own poshformat for todo lists.

There is the "task" microformat effort here which is attempting to
solve this problem space:

http://microformats.org/wiki/task

If you'd like to advance that work on a new microformat - please feel
free to advance those pages per the process[4] and raise it as a topic
of interest on the microformats-new mailing list.

I for one think it would be great to have a proper to-do / task
microformat, and would be interested in helping you pursue this.

Thanks,

Tantek

[1] http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar-issues
[2] http://microformats.org/wiki/hcalendar-issues-resolved