[microformats-discuss] RelPayment: Requesting comments

Joshua Kinberg jkinberg at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 14:04:35 PDT 2005

Re: difference b/n "payment" and "tip jar":
- tip jar = pay *me*
- payment = more general form of contribution
(which I do see as financial support, so I disagree with Andreas there)

I've included rel="payment" links in the last three entries on my
weblog (http://joshkinberg.com). None of them are specifically to pay
*me*.

One is to donate to someone else's theater project, another is to
purchase a CD on Amazon of music that was included in the video i
posted (I could have used an affilliate link here but didn't), the
other is to support NPR and encourage viewer to buy something at the
NPR shop (I posted an audio interview from NPR).

None of these use cases would make sense as a "tip jar".
All of them make sense as "payment".

My 2 cents.

-Josh