[microformats-discuss] Weblog entries and forum posts

Jason Kohls jasonkohls at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 11:35:46 PDT 2005

On 8/11/05, Geoffrey Glass <geof at geof.net> wrote:

> In my case, I need hooks for Javascript to extract information from
> forum posts in order to support annotation and contextualized copy-paste
> operations for individual posts on a page [1].  In future, I see this
> kind of functionality could be external to a web application (e.g. in a
> browser extension), but for that we need a standard.  Your sample format
> would satisfy me, as it has all the necessary properties (content,
> title, author, date, url), and is very close to the Atom-based format I
> am currently using.

I'd be interested in seeing this as well, but from a research/surfing
perspective, and specifically, looking for answers to technical
problems in forums.  I could see the extension of the <code><var> etc.
to include language type, platform, variable types, and so on.
Perhaps sub-formats for different forum roles?