[microformats-discuss] Re: Blog post format challenge - content vs summary

Geoffrey Glass geof at geof.net
Sat Aug 13 15:37:58 PDT 2005

I've started marking up my blog [1] as a blog microformat experiment.
I'm using the same classes as in my annotation code, which is not to say
I think they're the best that have been proposed (I don't).

One thing came up immediately:  the distinction between index pages
(with posts summaries) and full content pages.  I marked up both, using
a class of "summary" for excerpts and "content" for full content.  On
the one hand, I don't like the added complexity;  on the other, I
suspect there are legitimate use cases for marking up index pages (come
to think of it, my contextual copy implementation [2] may be one of them).

Geof

[1] http://www.geof.net/blog/
[2] http://www.geof.net/code/annotation/demo/ (Smart Copy at the bottom)