[microformats-discuss] Re: Blog post format challenge - content vs summary

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Sat Aug 13 21:10:40 PDT 2005

On Aug 13, 2005, at 7:21 PM, Lucas Gonze wrote:

>>> Are we creating a microformat analog to Atom, or are we only
>>> providing
>>> a format for posts?
>>>

> My intuitive reaction is that a literal version of Atom using h*
> syntax is a better way to approach this project, because it avoids
> reinvention and is less likely to create bugs.

Right. But there's areas where we have prior art in the HTML, so
introducing the Atom construct would actually be *reinvention*, IMNSHO.

Remember, we're explicitly trying to optimize for publishers, which
means a good heuristic is try and make adopters change as little of
their markup as possible.

-ryan