[microformats-discuss] Microformat to denote the date of the last page modfication

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Fri Aug 26 12:26:53 PDT 2005

On 8/26/05 10:07 AM, "Dr. Ernie Prabhakar" <drernie at opendarwin.org> wrote:

> I would strongly suggest "last-modified-examples" be created first,
> since "page-" is arguably a subset of that.   I also think (per
> Tantek's email) that we should hold off on the 'brainstorm' pages
> until the 'examples' matures.
>
> -- Ernie P.

Ernie's right.

Start with the -examples document first and document actual examples *of
content* on the Web, and hyperlink to them.

Then move onto the -formats document, where you should reference *at least*
the following:

 - RSS (various flavors)
 - Atom 1.0
 - HTML 4.01 example - I'll help with this one since I've looked it up
before: http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/global.html#profiles
  <META name="date" content="1994-11-06T08:49:37+00:00">

Note that just by listing a specific example or format, you are NOT making a
proposal, so don't hesitate to list examples of formats that you disagree
with.  The only requirement is that they be *existing* examples or formats.
If you want, you can make commentary next to each as to its positive aspects
or flaws.  And within that requirement, the more comprehensive you are with
listing this "prior art", the more confident you will be that the eventual
microformat will have considered previous attempts and not just be a
reinvention of the wheel.

Thanks,

Tantek