[microformats-discuss] microformat for weblog entries (+1)

David Janes -- BlogMatrix davidjanes at blogmatrix.com
Sat Aug 27 12:30:14 PDT 2005

Danny Ayers wrote:
> Such a thing has been suggested before a few times (David?) but
> there's another reason why it might be useful.

I'm plugging away at the Wiki. A pile of work dropped on my lap (or
rather, I dropped it there myself) but I'm trying to put aside 30
minutes a day for documenting stuff.

> Most content management systems produce RSS/Atom feeds of the last X
> entries. They also typically offer access to HTML representations of
> archived entries. What they don't generally do is offer a feed
> representation of archived entries. A weblog microformat could enable
> this by providing a XHTML representation that can be mapped 1-1 with a
> feed format.

Interestingly, I'm starting to think this is a little more difficult
than my first take on it, because of the various ways content can be
split up for presentation purposes. This is not to detract from your
latter points.

> ... [clip lots and lots of good ideas ] ...

Maybe you should create a section in [1] for these ideas.

The cool about  good ideas is that new and interesting uses start coming
out of "nowhere" once critical mass is reached; and this is not just
about a (hypothetical) blog post microformat but about all microformats
in general, which is why I'm excited about them. To draw an analogy, I
think microformats will be like dandelions -- one day, there's just a
couple, come back a little later and you'll see them everywhere. Except
we won't be trying to pull them out :-)

> Cheers,
> Danny.

Regards, etc...