[uf-discuss] hAtom draft

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Thu Dec 1 12:48:37 PST 2005

On 12/1/05 12:41 PM, "Ryan King" <ryan at technorati.com> wrote:

> On Dec 1, 2005, at 6:24 AM, Luke Arno wrote:
>> On 12/1/05, Ryan King <ryan at technorati.com> wrote:
>>> On Nov 23, 2005, at 1:02 AM, David Janes -- BlogMatrix wrote:
>>
>> [ snip ]
>>
>>> 4. Why do we prefer <h#> over class="title" for entry titles?
>>>

>> A preference one way or the other does make
>> the XSLT make sense.
>
> Let me rephrase:
>
> 4. Why not just use class="title"?

Or re-use classnames that mean the same thing from the other established
microformats (hCard, hCalendar) like we did in hReview.

We should reuse the building blocks from existing microformats as much as
possible.

>> [ snip ]
>>
>>> 8. Open item for the list:

>> Actually it is updated that is required. Published is not.
>>
>>    o  atom:feed elements MUST contain exactly one atom:updated
>> element.
>>    o  atom:entry elements MUST contain exactly one atom:updated
>> element.
>>    o  atom:entry elements MUST NOT contain more than one
>> atom:published
>>       element.
>
> Ok, Luke can you put this on the wiki?

Actually, those requirements come from Atom 1.0 if I'm not mistaken.

Rather than repeating those requirements, please reference (hyperlink to)
the appropriate section of the Atom 1.0 specification.

Thanks,

Tantek