=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re:_[uf-discuss]_=B5F_blog, _was_(?= draft blog post on rel vs. rev)

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 01:25:02 PST 2005

Hello,

On 12/1/05, Ryan King <ryan at technorati.com> wrote:

> On Dec 1, 2005, at 8:26 PM, Tantek Çelik wrote:
> > Cool.  I re-read your post.  Looked very good.  Nice and short and
> > to the
> > point.
>

> posted: http://www.microformats.org/blog/2005/12/01/rel-vs-rev/
>
> A couple meta thoughts on this topic:
>
> 1. When writing the blog on microformats.org I feel like I'm
> representing the entire community. Implications:
>         a) please feel to call me on an misrepresentation I do
>         b) please feel free to suggest topics

One of the problem with hCards is that you have to know vCards before
you can really use them well.  To the uninitiated, this can be a
daunting task.  (And the wiki isn't that helpful unless the reader is
persistent.)

Perhaps, if there was an introducton article to the make up of a vCard
(and thus an hCard) is would help with its adoption.  Give some
examples, like how to mark up a name,.... how to mark up an
address,... an e-mail addresses,... etc.  (Many people learn best
through examples.)

See ya

>         c) maybe we need more contributors to the blog?
>
> 2. Random though: It dawned on my that the DRY principle doesn't
> apply to blogging. It more like RYUPHY (repeat yourself until people
> hear you).
>
> -ryan
> --
> Ryan King