[uf-discuss] RFC: Proposal for general purpose microformat

Abramo Bagnara abramobagnara at tin.it
Fri Dec 2 09:41:56 PST 2005

brian suda ha scritto:
> Just be careful not to re-invent the wheel. The W3C has a recommended[1]
> way to extract RDF from XHTML. This same idea can be applied for XML
> (and just about anything else for that matter).
>
> [1] - http://www.w3.org/TeamSubmission/grddl/

GRDDL represents a way to specify an arbitrary transformation for an
xhtml page, my proposal is the description of a simple generic way to
embed arbitrary data inside an xhtml (like other microformats hCard,
hCalendar, etc.)

microformats are definitely orthogonal to grddl (and might also live
together happily)

As you can see in the example the format in my proposal is very similar
to hCalendar while allowing arbitrary representation.

I'm missing something?

Abramo Bagnara                       mailto:abramobagnara at tin.it

Opera Unica                          Phone: +39.0546.656023
Via Emilia Interna, 140
48014 Castel Bolognese (RA) - Italy