[uf-discuss] XOXO, the 'compact' attribute is deprecated

kenny heaton kennyheaton at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 13:06:12 PST 2005

Hi,

I am new to microformats, but excited about them and eager to learn
and start using them. But as I was reading over the XOXO format, it
uses the attribute compact witch was a part of the HTML specification
but is deprecated. Is this something that has been discussed elsewhere
and is there a reason for including a deprecated attribute in the XOXO
format? I personally would think it better not to use any deprecated
elements.

Kenny