[uf-discuss] Vote-Links use cases ?

Charles Iliya Krempeaux supercanadian at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 15:01:59 PST 2005

Hello,

On 12/4/05, Ryan King <ryan at technorati.com> wrote:
> On Dec 3, 2005, at 1:07 AM, Charles Iliya Krempeaux wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Just wondering if there's a list of use cases for vote-links
> > somewhere?
> >
> > For example, are vote-links just a better version of rel-nofollow.
> > (With rel="nofollow" being equivalent to rev="vote-against".)  Or are
> > there other use cases.
>
> The first use I ever heard of was Technorati doing a distributed poll
> during the last US election.  Tantek mentioned it here [http://
> tantek.com/log/2004/11.html#d01t2339]. It is, of course, dead now.

I should probably read Tantek's blog more :-)

I was actually thinking of using for something along these lines.  So,
for example, (in Canadian politics) a person could express the "view"
on a bill like:

    I am against <a rev="vote-against"
href="http://laws.justice.gc.ca/en/1995/39/">Bill C-68</a>.

> And on the topic of vote-links vs. relnofollow, notice that vote-
> links are actually older than relNoFollow. :D

Didn't know that.

See ya

--
    Charles Iliya Krempeaux, B.Sc.