[uf-discuss] Ics import in Outlook

Webb, Geoffrey Lawrence webbg at wsu.edu
Fri Dec 9 11:38:30 PST 2005

Thanks for the response Brian.  I'm very thankful for the service you
are providing.

I found the problem.  Outlook is expecting the vevent component to have
UID and DTSTAMP parameters.  I took a look at RFC2445 and I think I
found a conflict. Where the UID and DTSTAMP parameters are described the
rfc says
"Conformance: This property MUST be included in the "VEVENT", "VTODO",
   "VJOURNAL" or "VFREEBUSY" calendar components".

However, the format definition starting on page 51, seems to indicate
that the UID and DTSTAMP parameters are optional.

So, does the XSLT file need to be changed or do I need to author these
parameters into my hCalendar markup?