[uf-discuss] Ics import in Outlook

C. Hudley chudley at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 09:37:11 PST 2005

On 12/12/05, David Osolkowski <qidydl at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Has the tag URI scheme been registered successfully?  I don't see an
> > update on its status on that page.
> >
> > If not, the info URI scheme (as was mentioned here recently), with the
> > "sid" namespace, could be used the same way, and it has been
> > registered.
>
> The tag scheme is RFC 4151: http://ietf.org/rfc/rfc4151

Yes, that is its scheme.  But I didn't see if that indicates whether
it has been registered formally.  Ah, this is what I was looking for:

  http://www.iana.org/assignments/uri-schemes

So, yes, it is registered.  Apparently, just before info was. :)

>  The sid namespace appears to be for identifying collections of information
> ("The sid namespace facilitates the identification of collections of
> information assets. A collection of information assets could be an
> organization, a website, a publisher, or a database.").  The point here is
> to identify a specific event.  The tag scheme is similarly used to identify
> specific entries, as opposed to collections.  I suggest that tag is a better
> match than sid ("more semantic", just to tie this back to microformats).

Aye, perhaps I misunderstood it then; I'd thought a valid use might
include its specified pattern *plus* an additional item content
identification suffix.  I'll check with the appropriate folks.
Thanks!