[uf-discuss] Microformats: for hand-authoring or aggregating purpose?

toydi teohuiming.work at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 16:28:35 PST 2005

Hi all,

A question ran into my mind when i was using hCalendar-o-matic to
build my first hEvent microformats several weeks ago. From an
author/user perspective, would you prefer to create a micro-content by
hand-author, or use a helper form (e.g h*-o-matic) to help you build
it? I'm really curious to know how actually authors out there write
microformats, do share some of your experience with all. :-)

The same question strike me again as I'm thinking about submitting
data in microformats to remote web server. As a user, let say to
modify your birthday event data, do you prefer to update a <textarea>
containing microformatted XHTML, or prefer to update several <input>
textboxes and combo boxes? Which one you choose?

OTOH, more people start to write scripts to collect microformatted
contents from web sites. It seems like in nature, microformats has
been used for aggregating purpose. We publish microformatted contents,
so that others will be able to aggregate those contents easier.

These lead me to the question: microformats makes us easy to
hand-author data or aggregate data? What's your opinion? ;-)

Cheers,
--
Teo HuiMing (toydi)
http://toydi.wordpress.com