[microformats-discuss] personal intro

Bud Gibson bud at thecommunityengine.com
Sat Jul 2 09:50:28 PDT 2005

On Jul 1, 2005, at 23:14, Ryan King wrote:

> We've had a lot of people join the list recently and most people
> probably don't know who else is subscribed to the list (there's 51
> total). So, some personal introductions are in order.

I'm Bud Gibson.  I'm founder of The Community Engine.  We help
companies develop information communities around their products and
services.   These communities allow companies to streamline their
operations and gain Internet visibility.  My interest in microformats
derives from my belief that *the* significant opportunity in online
communities lies in distributed communities.  These distributed
communities are essentially aggregations and remixes of individuals'
and other groups' contributions.  Microformats enable that better
than any other approach I have seen.

I have a BS in French and Linguistics from Georgetown, an MBA from
Wharton, and a PhD from Carnegie Mellon.  In May 2006, I'll be
leaving University of Michigan's Ross School of Business where I will
have been on faculty for nine years.

I have a blog at:  http://thecommunityengine.com.

Bud