[microformats-discuss] personal intro

Dan Glegg (angryamoeba) subs at angryamoeba.co.uk
Sat Jul 2 14:53:23 PDT 2005

Hi all,

My name's Dan Glegg, and I'm a plain old web developer working with
web applications in standards-compliant languages, and multimedia
applications using actionscript. I'd like to chip off actionscript in
favour of markup all the way, and things are starting to shape up in
a way that makes that possible.

I've been developing applications for around eight years, and I'm
interested in using microformats to convey metadata and licensing
information relating to multimedia files (specifically audio in a
purely selfish sense as I have an application in the works that could
really do with it). I see this as extending and complimenting
relLicense, but that's a decision to be made formally later down the
line.

I'm also interested in providing server-side helpers to let
developers provide microformatted data more easily - and help them
keep their microformat implementations up-to-date within their
applications as these standards develop.

Oh, and I'm in england. Nice to meet you all.

Cheers,
Dan

p.s. List moderator, apologies for a stray mail from my other,
default address. My mistake entirely.