[microformats-discuss] personal intro

Chris Messina chris.messina at gmail.com
Sun Jul 3 10:12:01 PDT 2005

Hi all,

My name is Chris Messina and I work for a startup formerly known as
Round Two (we changed our name last Thursday...). Prior to this work,
I was at CivicSpace Labs, creating a toolkit for grassroots community
organizing and volunteering as an admin team member of and designer
for SpreadFirefox.com.

I'm now working with Ryan and Tantek to widen the support for
microformats both in publishing tools like Drupal (on which CivicSpace
is based) and WordPress and, with Round Two, getting a similar level
of support and awareness into the browser.

I'm particularly interested in using XHTML as a dataformat/API and
what it might mean for content providers and creators to have the
benefits of microformats without ever having to touch a line of code.
It seems to me that when both the publishing tools and the user agents
become aware of microformats as a standard, an immense amount of
possibility is exposed.

Chris