[microformats-discuss] Proposing RelSource

Bud Gibson bud at thecommunityengine.com
Mon Jul 11 07:41:46 PDT 2005

On Jul 11, 2005, at 10:32, Andy Skelton wrote:

> True, but the cite attribute is a) not often utilized by bloggers and
> b) not visible to the user. Does Technorati spider a URL in a cite
> attribute?

The cite *element* is visible.  Have a look at http://
thecommunityengine.com/home.  The blockquote at the top uses a cite
element.  Put an <a> inside of that for the link.  I know that
technorati and other search engines pick those up.

Ryan King proposed something like you are proposing but called it
hVia.  It never made it beyond the blogged idea stage though as far
as I can tell.  Maybe you two could put some melding of ideas forward
based on the use cases you provide.

Bud