[microformats-discuss] xFolk 0.4

Bud Gibson bud at thecommunityengine.com
Mon Jul 11 09:04:32 PDT 2005

On Jul 11, 2005, at 11:13, Tantek Çelik wrote:

> taggedLink is fairly obvious what it means.
>
> With the addition of images, what to do?
>
> 1. change to a new name for both links and images
> 2. keep taggedLink (perhaps rename to taggedlink) pick a new name
> just for
> images
>
> (1) keeps the spec "simplest".  The challenge is perhaps it becomes
> too
> abstract.  RDF has the notion of "about" which many folk have
> difficulty
> "grokking", perhaps because it is too abstract.
>
> Would "tagged" be sufficient?
>
> (2) you could have taggedimage, but when do you stop?  what if I
> use an
> <object> to embed an audio file?  should that be taggedaudio?

Per some IRC conversation, I think it makes sense to put some of
these naming suggestions on a brainstorming page.  I want to collect
data before name changing.

Eran, let's focus on your substantive issues first in these email
discussions.  I suggest we move to chat.  Tantek's point about using
just reltag for comments without links sounds like a good effort.

Bud