[microformats-discuss] Discovery of microformats

Lucas Gonze lucas.gonze at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 13:42:50 PDT 2005

On 7/12/05, Michal Migurski <mike at stamen.com> wrote:
> Easier if you're writing code to parse microformats. Less easy if
> you're trying to generate them - a lot of blogging software does not
> make it simple to affect the document's HEAD based on the contents of
> the BODY by default.

Good timing -- I butted up against this problem yesterday and meant to
post it here.

At the same time, the profiles+XMDP approach is pretty fundamental,
and I'd hate to lose the benefits.  Finding an way to do this in the
body is going to be a tough nut.  On the other hand, I suspect that
users who don't have access to the <head/> will just blow off the
profile, so we won't actually get the benefits.

- Lucas