[microformats-discuss] wiki etiquette: brainstorming proposals vs. writing specs, avoid user specific pages

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Wed Jul 13 04:28:09 PDT 2005

On 7/12/05 12:12 PM, "Andy Skelton" <skeltoac at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have drafted a spec for a very simple citation microformat after
> study of some other specs on mf.org.
> http://microformats.org/wiki/User:Skeltoac/RelCite

Hmm... I didn't even know it was possible to create such user page specific
pages.

Andy, given that folks that have been working on the concepts of RelSource,
RelCite, CiteVia etc. still don't have consensus, we should:

 1. put all proposals on a *-formats page or *-brainstorming page.
 2. avoid formal spec-writing on this until there is more consensus.

In general, let's also not create user specific pages on the wiki.

Andy, could you move the key portions of your proposal to the citation
brainstorming page:

 http://microformats.org/wiki/citation-brainstorming

and then delete the user specific RelCite page? (empty it's contents if you
can't delete the page itself).

Thanks,

Tantek