[microformats-discuss] microformats vs. other formats

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Wed Jul 13 06:56:22 PDT 2005

On 7/13/05 6:03 AM, "Carl Beeth" <carl.beeth at gmail.com> wrote:

> Talking of other formats, What will be the relationship between
> microformats and xhtml2's property attribute?
> <http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-xhtml2-20050527/mod-metaAttributes.html#sec_23.3
> .>
> Will there be some kind of plan to migrate from the "class" to
> "property" and "title" to "content"

Why bother migrating?

> once xhtml2 is finished?
> Will xhtml2 ever get finished? ;-)

And even when finished, will it be relevant for the web?

As someone who himself spent perhaps 2+ years working on XHTML2, I must
admit it is improving, but in the end, the constraints being pursued are not
conducive to something which will be practical for the web.

In spite of that, there are some good ideas in XHTML2, and if we can reuse
them as necessary, that certainly wouldn't hurt.

Thanks,

Tantek