[microformats-discuss] microformats for various types of media?

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Wed Jul 13 10:43:06 PDT 2005

Now for something a little more frivolous. Is anyone else interested in
a microformat for marking up information about music tracks?

I'm sure there's plenty of prior-art formats to borrow from (the iTunes
library export XML comes to mind, as does the ID3 tagging info itself).
But, where to start? What's required and optional? How to handle album
information for "various artists" collections consistently?

On a related note, microformats for books and movies would also be
interesting. A site like All Consuming would be able to aggregate this
type of data in interesting ways.

Is this a dumb application for a microformat, or should I plow ahead?

--
Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/