[microformats-discuss] Comments microformat

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Wed Jul 13 16:09:20 PDT 2005

On Jul 13, 2005, at 3:20 PM, Dimitri Glazkov wrote:

> It seems the archives of the list are inacessible, so I'll shoot in
> the dark.

Sorry. I'm trying to get this happening soon.

> I wanted to start discussion over on my blog about semantic "proper"
> of your typical blog comments
> (http://glazkov.com/blog/archive/2005/07/13/1861.aspx), and Tantek
> pointed me to this list.

We've actually had a few proposals along this line. The proposals
were a bit premature, as we need to do some research on current
comments practice first (see http://microformats.org/wiki/process for
guidelines on how to go about developing a microformat).

And to take a step back, this page documents current comment practice:
http://microformats.org/wiki/comments-formats

Feel free to add your own observations to that page.

Just FYI, here are the proposals (don't worry about them at this point):
http://microformats.org/wiki/mfcomment
http://microformats.org/wiki/hcomment

> I would like to hear your pointers, comments, thoughts, ideas on
> the subject.

Look at the comments-formats page. Talk to others who are interested
in it (esp. on this list). Research, propose, iterate.

-ryan