[microformats-discuss] URIs please!

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Thu Jul 14 11:12:41 PDT 2005

On Jul 14, 2005, at 11:01 AM, Carl Beeth wrote:
> Please be aware I'm not a developer so these question may seem very
> stupid:
>
> Why as a site administrator I should care about profiles as they are
> not needed for the microformat to be valid?

Because it will help UAs which are trying to parse your documents.

I would also say "to follow the spec" (as in the HTML spec), but that
probably doesn't help you much.

> Why as a crawler developer should I care about profiles as they are
> not compulsory and I will need to parse the whole page anyway?

Maybe they should be compulsory?

> Why as a UA developer should I care about profiles as I will need to
> parse the whole page anyway?

Don't think just in terms of performance- a profile can still make
your life easier, as it will make things less ambiguous.

-ryan