[microformats-discuss] hCard clarifications

Eran limbo at speakeasy.net
Wed Jul 20 02:17:46 PDT 2005

Looking at the specs for hCard and at some of the examples I've come
across a slight variations, I'm looking at complex elements like adr.

http://www.crowley.nl/hcard.html includes an adr field composed of
several "sub"-fields (although it neglects to separate them with a
semicolon):

title="Netherlands">NL</abbr></span>

http://home.alltel.net/jackwolfgang/blog/2005/06/microformats-resume-upd
ate.html used the sub-fields without the containing adr field:

  class="url fn n" rel="me">
  II</a><br />

  via Web Form</a><br />

Are both correct? What exactly are the rules for using complex fields?

While I'm here, another question on multiple classes. For example the
following element:

  class="url fn n" rel="me">
  II</a>

What are the rules for interpreting the "url fn n" class string? Is
there a relation between the order of classes in the class string and
the href & text properties of the A element?

TIA,
Eran.