[microformats-discuss] Microformat for blog-searchand characterizing

Björn Seibert bjoernseibert at gmx.de
Fri Jul 22 02:56:45 PDT 2005

Good morning,

><title> is usually used for other purposes than solely the name of the
>site. Front pages will have keywords thrown in the <title> for SEO and
>deeper pages will have page names, post titles, keywords, you name it.
><title> is almost never equal to site name.

But in case of the front page it should be only the title of the
website/blog. Page topic, keywords and description provide other (SEO)
information. But I also see a problem in using the <title> because
unfortunately it's used for other purposes regarding SEO, too.

So there's no other way than placing this piece of information within
the format. The title-attribute within the achor to the blog, as Robert
Bachmann submitted, would be a good practice.

<a class="bookmark" href="http://example.org/blog" title="Blog name">Blog name</a>

Björn