[microformats-discuss] A 10 line script to identify and process any microformat

Ryan King ryan at technorati.com
Fri Jul 29 11:07:40 PDT 2005

On Jul 29, 2005, at 5:13 AM, Bud Gibson wrote:
> <snip>
> A couple of questions for any of you that I would be happy to
> continue off-list if appropriate:
>
> 1.  Would you be willing to make a special area on the wiki for
> microformat-oriented scripts?  That might be a real help for people
> trying to figure out how to script microformats.  Also, as I
> mention in my blog post concerning this little script,  MF and GM
> seem to go hand-in-hand.

This sounds like a great idea. We already have links to
implementations on the spec pages and I think I started a collection
of implementations at http://microformats.org/wiki/implementations,
but this area could certainly use some work.

> 2.  Do you have any ideas for how to promote learning to hack
> microformats?  I posted my script here and kept it super simple for
> didactic purposes.  I could see posting a whole set of hack-like
> tutorials.

Hack, publish, repeat. ;)

-ryan

PS- once again, if you have developing with microformats, feel free
to ask about the microformats-dev list. You either email me directly
or email microformats-dev-owner at microformats.org and we'll take a
look at what you've got.