[uf-discuss] Formating Code

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Tue Nov 1 11:29:25 PST 2005

Edward O'Connor wrote:

> Robert Bachmann wrote:
>
>> There are some tools which create modern HTML (i.e: HTML with <span
>> class="comment" instead of <font color=green>) listings of source
>> code.
>
> There are at least two Emacs tools to write out an HTML version of the
> current buffer, preserving fontification (highlighting):

PHP does automatic syntax highlighting:

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.highlight-string.php

In PHP 4, it's with <font color="..."> tags, and in PHP 5, it's <span
style="color: ..."> tags.  I'm currently running the output from PHP
through a function to convert it to the PHP 5 version, and I'll try
to change it later today to instead convert it to semantic tags.  I
think this would open up a lot of interesting possibilities.

Peace,
Scott