[uf-discuss] Standardised list of plural properties

Scott Reynen scott at randomchaos.com
Fri Nov 4 10:43:14 PST 2005

David House wrote:

> Is there a list of all properties which can be plural anywhere? If
> not, could there be? It would be useful as these have to be treated
> differently when parsing.

Wouldn't it be simpler to parse under the assumption that any
property could potentially be plural and ignore all but the first
instance as makes sense in a given context?  I suspect predefining
these within formats will unnecessarily restrict use in rare
instances that could not all be considered in advance.  For example,
we might assume birthday is a singular property, but some cultures
celebrate multiple birthdays (e.g. lunar vs. Gregorian calendar).
Making such assumptions could easily make formats less useful.

Peace,
Scott