[uf-discuss] Re: address and hcard (Online Commmunications)

Robert Bachmann rbach at rbach.priv.at
Mon Nov 7 10:37:38 PST 2005

Marius Scurtescu wrote:
> Not sure, but I don't think that the actual tag matters at all. If I
> understood correctly, then the only important thing is the class name,
> "vcard".
We should allways try to use the most semantic XHTML element,
see http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard#Semantic_XHTML_Design_Principles
for details.

> And yes, I would also rather use <address>.
Have a look at Tantek's recent email or
http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/global.html#h-7.5.6 which says

 "The ADDRESS element may be used by authors to supply contact
 information for a document or a major part of a document such as a
 form. This element often appears at the beginning or end of a
 document."

Thanks,
 Robert
--