[uf-discuss] xdmp profiles not enough for parsing?

Danny Ayers danny.ayers at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 11:14:43 PST 2005

On 11/16/05, Tantek Çelik <tantek at cs.stanford.edu> wrote:

> > I agree that we'll probably never have enough for a completely
> > general automatic parser, but hopefully we can at least make it
> > easier on human parser-writers...
>
> But how much easier?  Is it worth the effort?
>
> Rather than wasting time incrementally making something more generic, why
> not spend the time coding specific parsers?  I bet you'll get more done in
> less time that way.

I'm sat firmly on the fence here implementation-wise. I'm kind-of
going for specific parsers within a generic framework: per-format XSLT
=> RDF/XML, generic RDF/XML parser. I've not spent much time on it so
far, but I think it's almost certain there will be reusable chunks of
XSLT.

Cheers,
Danny.

--