[uf-discuss] FYI: Google Base is up and 100% microformat free

Jacob Ham hakejam at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 12:59:02 PST 2005

>  From http://base.google.com/base/tos.html :
>
> "Except as expressly authorized by Google or advertisers, you agree
> not to modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, distribute or create
> derivative works based on Google services or the Software, in whole or
> in part."

Well, we couldn't distribute the results somewhere else.  IANAL, but
it seems like we could make a Greasemonkey script to microformat
output.  The only thing that seems sketchy is the "create derivative
works" part.  Which a greasemonkey script could simple re-format the
items.

Interesting, I might start working on one later tonight.

Cheers,
Jake