[uf-discuss] Formatting of Movie Credits information

Tantek Ç elik tantek at cs.stanford.edu
Wed Nov 16 18:37:24 PST 2005

On 11/16/05 4:53 PM, "David Janes -- BlogMatrix" <davidjanes at blogmatrix.com>
wrote:

> Chris Messina wrote:
>> Most of this should be handled with the hCard and hCal MF "building
>> blocks". In addition, true microformats need to go through a thorough
>> lifecycle and investigation before being "microformats".
>>
>> A collection of seemingly semantic classes does not a microformat make.
>>
>> ;)

True, but a collection of seemingly semantic classes is still very much a
good thing in terms of IA and web design, and should be encouraged
regardless of whether they conform to a microformat or not.

> I'm wondering if something more lightweight is needed in the world of
> Google Bases and the potential rapid proliferation of data for the same.

The rapid proliferation will be of *schemas* as everyone makes up their own
way to capture information about something.  This will likely mean that the
data won't be very interoperable / reusable in any structured way, but will
instead lend itself to classical text search techniques.

Tantek