[uf-discuss] uF Discovery? (was: FYI: Jeff Jarvis on microformats and Google Base)

Luke Arno luke.arno at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 11:35:22 PST 2005

On 11/23/05, Ryan King <ryan at technorati.com> wrote:
> On Nov 22, 2005, at 9:11 PM, Luke Arno wrote:
>
> > I am sure this has come up before, so sorry in
> > advance, but could we use rel values to say
> > "there are x and y uFs over there".
>
> In most cases, this would be semantic abuse. Remember, rel and rev
> describe the *relationship* between the current page and the referred
> URL. Type could get you a big closer, but still wouldn't be very
> reliable.

Right, of course. There is no particular relationship
here. Maybe just rev="knowsabout" :-)

So class names then?

<a
   href="http://lukearno.com/#hCard"
   title="Luke's hCard"
   class="disco-hCard">Luke</a>

class ideas:

disco-disco
disco-uF
disco-hCard
disco-XFN

Examples would be feed autodiscovery and
just about any use of links really.

- Luke