[uf-discuss] hAtom draft

Danny Ayers danny.ayers at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 10:40:20 PST 2005

On 11/24/05, David Janes -- BlogMatrix <davidjanes at blogmatrix.com> wrote:
> I'm not much of an XSLT guy, to tell you truth. When I was in CompSci
> and studying Prolog, our prof mentioned that the great thing about
> Prolog was you didn't have to tell it everything like other languages.
> My friend remarked "not only do you have to tell it everything, you have
> to tell it everything in a really fucked up way". XSLT kind of reminds
> me of that :-)

Heh, nicely put. I must admit I find writing the stuff a
headache-generator, but like the way once it's done it's done. I tend
to flip between languages quite a lot, and being able to carry over
the same XSLT works out quite a timesaver compared to writing (or
finding and integrating) parsers afresh.

> I'm going to fix up the spec bugs mentioned so far, clarify my position
> on "summary", allow feeds to be nested (because then comments can be
> modeled very easy).

Good man.

> Code wise, I'm going to rework something I have lying around called "the
> template rewriter" which will take MT, Blogger or (maybe) Wordpress
> templates and add the hAtom markup automatically. I'll be looking for
> victims for that.

If you do WordPress, count me in as a victim.

> And this weekend there's a thing called TorCamp which I'm considering
> throwing together some powerpoints on Microformats.

powerpoints!? What about OpenOffice? S5? (and is class="topleft"
really semantic??)

Cheers,
Danny.

--